Android has reached again another impressive milestone, as the Google Play Store just passed 25 billion downloaded apps. And to allow you “Or to thank you” to join in on the celebrations, Google is offering some very tempting app promotions for the next five days.
Goolge gives you green light every day for the next five days, and will sell high quality apps from top developers such as Gameloft, Electronic Arts, Rovio, runtastic, Full Fat and more for just 0.25 $ .
Meanwhile, the discount celebration aren’t limited to just apps, as Google will also put up collections of 25 must-have movies, books, magazines and 25 albums at a special price. Google updates its Play Store with the list of discounted items. You can take a look at it from the Google Play Store promo page after the break down below. but before let’s see what Google think of the 25 billion downloads.
Source : Official Android Blog ; Google Play Store
We’re a few days ahead of the Google I/O Conference. Google has just let the name of the next Android release slip. As expected, it’s going to be called Jelly Bean and will carry the 4.1 version number.
The leaked information can currently be easely seen on the US Play Store when you’re going to purchase a Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ smartphone, as mentioned on the picture above described as “soon the first phone with Android 4.1 Jell…” .
We we’ll keep your ears to the ground for more info about the upgrade as soon as we know more probably at the Google I/O Conference on June 27.
Source : Google Play
Facebook is going to launch its App Center, it’ll be your guide to help you chose which apps you may want to check out on your Android or iOS devices.
The Facebook App Center will be launches with a listing of over 600 curated apps and just as the leaks indicated, puts your friends recommendations of what to use front and center. The app center itself is available on the mobile device’s Facebook apps or the desktop website, where users can send apps to their phone and then get redirected to the App Store / Google Play to download it if necessary.
Official Press Release
· The App Center is launching tonight with more than 600 social apps, including Nike+ GPS, Ubisoft Ghost Recon Commander, Stitcher Radio, Draw Something, and Pinterest.
· Each person will have a personalized experience in the App Center, with recommendations based on the apps they and their friends use, whether that be games or fashion, food, fitness, travel, or other lifestyle apps.
· You’ll only see high quality apps in the App Center, based on user ratings and engagement.
· The App Center is available on mobile via the Facebook apps for iOS and Android, or by accessing Facebook.com on mobile.
· More than 230 million people play games on Facebook every month
· More than 130 games on Facebook have more than 1 million monthly active users.
· More than 4,500 timeline apps have launched since f8 in September 2011.
· Facebook drove people to the Apple App Store 83 million times in May.
· Facebook drove people to iOS apps 134 million times in May (someone who already has the app and is directed back to it from Facebook.)
· As of May, seven of the top 10 grossing iOS apps and six of the top 10 Android apps have integrated with Facebook.
Source : Facebook Developer blog