Wood should be an ideal material for speakers because it lets sounds transmit quickly and absorbs unnecessary vibration (which is why it is used for musical instruments), but it is also a very difficult material to work with effectively in stereo accoustics. This is why it is very rare to see it in use in this area. JVC Kenwood developed technology to use wood as a material in speakers, called the “Wood Cone Speaker”. The sounds are richer and feel closer than traditional speaker output.
An integrated iPod/iPhone dock is installed on top of the device and it can be operated with a remote control.
There are 4 colors (Natural Wood, Beige, Brown, and Black) and it will be released in the beginning of February.
And here’s the full specifications of the Compact Component System “EX-S3″:
- – Center part (W)214mm × (H)120mm × (D)262mm
- – Speaker (W)143mm × (H)120mm × (D)251.5mm
- – Center part 2.2kg
- – 1 Speaker 2.0kg
- Remote control, Battery for remote control, Personal FM antenna, AM loop antenna, Speaker codes X2
- – Maximum Output power 30W + 30W
- – Input-output Terminal
- -iPod/iPhone dock, USB, AUDIO IN, Headphone, Sub-woofer, Video for iPod/iPhone
- – Playable formats/Media MP3、WMA
- – Playable disk Music CD、CD‐R/CD‐RW
- – Playable formats/Media MusicCD、MP3、WMA、WAV
- – Receivable Band FM/AM
- – Speaker 8.5cm Wood Cone
- – When power is on: 45W
- – When stand-by: Less than 0.5W